Realizing that almost 30 years had elapsed since the last comprehensive Indonesian to English dictionary had been published — a period marked dramatic changes in Indonesia– AICC’s members subsidized a totally new dictionary co-authored by one its members, the linguist Dr. Alan Stevens. This work assists countless companies and individuals from all walks of life in their efforts to better understand and interact with Indonesia and Indonesians. AICC recognized that Americans have a long term association and interest in Indonesia and creating this dictionary symbolizes this commitment.
- The dictionary uses a variety of primary and secondary sources from the classical language to the most recent slang.
- Thousands of example sentences are used to illustrate meaning and usage. All samples are from primary sources, none are invented, ensuring complete authenticity and reliability.
- Tens of thousands of new entries bring meaning and understanding to changes in technology, culture, politics, lifestyle, as well as the language of government, the law, and banking.
- Included in the dictionary are: thousands of single-word and compound–word business, tax, accounting and legal terms;technical terms in all fields, including petroleum, steel, engineering, geology, chemistry, mining, medical, nautical and many others.
- This valuable resource is a great addition for any corporate, trade association, personal or academic library.
- The dictionary is published by Ohio University Press in association with the American Indonesian Chamber of Commerce
American International Group, ATS Global, Chevron, Empire Resources, ExxonMobil, PT Freeport Indonesia, PT Indokor Indonesia, Sinar Mas
Citigroup, Indonesia Australia Language Foundation, Robert Hormick, Rosetini Melanita & Partners, Unocal Corp.
Centerchem, Credit Renaissance, Consulate General of Indonesia(NY), Frank and Joy Shea,Fairwinds Trading, Donald Hanna, Metropolitan Life, Smith Asbury Inc., The US-Indonesia Society, White & Case LLP, William Milcarek/Arch Insurance